Events in the Sector

Important announcements, game notices, etc

Moderator: Storytellers

Events in the Sector

Postby theresponsibleone » Sat Sep 26, 2015 9:30 pm

Hi all,

You'll be starting to see public endeavours from the user "Events in the Sector" in the downtime submission system.

These are flavour events which PCs can get involved in around the Ruhrort Sector, both within and beyond the line.

None of the events will have consequences if no players engage with them. They are not intended to be "you must do this" type events.

There are three purposes to these events:

- Offering something else for players who aren't in a crew or group to engage with
- Offering small things that can be done with 'leftover' actions and influences
- Filling out the game universe with some of the smaller events that go on

My involvement with these things is that they're my idea, and I'm doing the typing. There's no point in adding something to the game if it takes ST time away from other things! All mechanics have been approved by a ref before being published. For fairness, as I'm coming up with these ideas, I won't be involving my PC in any of them.

This is an experiment - please do give feedback! Are they awesome? Not interesting? Too interesting and distracting from core plots?

I'll post a quick update once all the mini events for this downtime period are up on the board.
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Events in the Sector

Postby Artemis » Wed Oct 21, 2015 9:35 pm

Next time more goody two shoes ones, seems like that was the most popular one by far.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby mindwanders » Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:20 pm

I really liked these. They gave us inspiration for a chunk of our dt.

I think this dt some of the more fighty people were at a loose end. Trading ones were a nice idea, but we couldn't afford the smuggling action to fence the goods aftewrward.
Gordon McDonald
Captain Bartholomew Noxof the Milady De Winter
Former Ref
google.com/+GordonMcDonald
mindwanders
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain

Postby theresponsibleone » Mon Nov 02, 2015 12:22 am

Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely have a few more up next time, with a slightly different balance. We'll see how that goes.

I may also try a couple of other new things.
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Alliandra » Mon Nov 02, 2015 7:15 pm

theresponsibleone wrote:Thanks for the feedback! I'll definitely have a few more up next time, with a slightly different balance. We'll see how that goes.

I may also try a couple of other new things.

I have some potential Xenos related things that combat people could go smack next downtime :)
Alliandra
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Sorcha of the Clan Ships

Return to OOC Announcements