Storytellers, downtimes, and other news

Important announcements, game notices, etc

Moderator: Storytellers

Storytellers, downtimes, and other news

Postby Yoda » Sat Oct 10, 2015 10:43 am

Malodorous miscreants, fragrant freebooters, and sweet-scented swashbucklers, I bring tidings of fortune.

First off, I would like to welcome Jamie Smith, Matt McCaul and Alexander Nelson to the storytelling team. They’ll be getting their feet wet in the upcoming weeks before getting into full swing, so don’t ask them anything too complex yet. Jamie and Alex will be playing Shiver Our Souls (like myself) so please do not ask them storytelling questions at or about the event.

That leads neatly to my second point: in order to facilitate communication, I have created the email address sos-team@norestforthewicked.org.uk – this email address goes to the writing team for Shiver Our Souls and can be used to direct enquiries in their direction. If it is a system-related question rather than an event- or crew-related one, please email storytellers@norestforthewicked.org.uk as normal.

I will be running the downtime cycle currently in progress, and I am trying to answer all questions as quickly as possible. It is possible that I have missed your query or lost it, so if you haven’t had a response and you sent your query over a week ago, please do send a follow-up. A few notes on downtimes follow:

A number of public endeavours have been added to the downtime system representing things happening in the sector. These are available to any player and how they’re interacted with may change things in the sector.

Please have any enquiries about endeavours for this downtime cycle sent to us by the end of the 13th of October. Any later and we cannot guarantee a response before the end of the downtime cycle.

Please use the endeavour spreadsheet for all endeavours. If you have problems with the spreadsheet, feel free to talk to us about them.

Please check you can access your downtime system account earlier rather than later. Both storytellers and other players will appreciate downtimes being in early rather than late.

Regarding Smuggling endeavours, I forgot to add in part of the details. Smuggling endeavours should be Infiltration, Political, or Financial, and require a ship with enough cargo spaaaaaace to carry the goods, which must also be the ship used in your trade action to sell the goods. This requirement for a ship does not count towards your ship’s Speed rating but just as each ship can only trade in one market a cycle, they also can only have one Smuggling endeavour applied to them a cycle.

We’ve been rather lax on getting the benefits of everyone’s titles to them, especially with regards Correspondent assets. Could everyone confirm that their titles are correctly noted on the downtime system in full, including specification of any parts that have options (such as Interrogator’s Correspondents) so I can try and put together some news for everyone. If you have a title or other ability to gain trade details on a market and have not been furnished with a copy, please let me know and I will get you a copy. Those titles and assets also require you to choose a market sector, so please do so if you haven’t already. The updated price lists and trade sheets will be published prior to the game. Secret markets have not yet been created, but will likely be in place for the next downtime cycle.

I have started a group on Facebook to discuss the crew experience at No Rest for the Wicked, and to ask what people enjoy about crewing, what they don’t enjoy, and what would make them more likely to crew. If you have any feedback on that, please do get in touch either via the group or by contacting the storytellers address.

One of the most common requests was that of being able to play your own character during R&R periods. As such, we are formalising a policy that runs as follows: Depending on the nature of the event, all crew members will either be able to play their own character during R&R periods, or will have social roles available that can interact with the players during such periods.

We now have 12 booked crew members for Shiver Our Souls, and we ideally need at least three more by the 16th to be able to run the event – not getting fifteen crew may mean revising whether we can run the event. Getting to twenty will mean we can open up more player spaces, and places will be offered to people on the Waiting List first. To sign up to crew, or to the waiting list, go to http://billetto.co.uk/shiver-our-souls/

Be seeing you,

Yoda
No Rest for the Wicked
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Return to OOC Announcements