Player contract and loot

Important announcements, game notices, etc

Moderator: Storytellers

Player contract and loot

Postby Designer Bloodstain » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:19 pm

Good evening all,

As part of my transition into the position of lead ST for No Rest For the Wicked I have been looking at a number of the outstanding queries in our inbox. The most major of these being the player contract with regard to loot distribution as this seems to tie into the majority of our outstanding queries.

Obviously this is a wide ranging and complex issue and so I have spent some time looking into this. During this time I have noted that a situation that is detrimental to overall player enjoyment has arisen. While there is meant to be an element of competition and PvP inherent to No Rest For The Wicked, the current state of play is not what was intended by the ST team.

The main symptom of this issue is the pocketing of loot. To be clear, pocketing loot is always something that has happened and it is something that will continue to happen and ultimately there is no issue with that. What there is an issue with however is the extent to which this is occurring. While we intend No Rest for The Wicked to have an element of competitive PvP with regard to competition for resources and loot, it has never been our intention that one player or indeed one group walks away with the vast majority of the loot from an event by dint of putting things in their pockets.

This is not what was intended and it is not healthy for the game.

In light of this I have elected to take the below solution.

In essence, this is a game and we need to remember that. As such, everyone who comes to an event should get an equal share of the loot. Obviously our IC situation with regard to the presence of non-Imperial personnel and those who are Imperial citizens but not for example on a Rogue Trader crew does make this a little more complex. However I feel that I must ask for a degree of OOC conceit from you as players in that anyone who wishes to join the Iron Star Consortium (which should at this point be all of you because it is how you get loot) is allowed to do so.

Now, with regard to this. Please do feel free to generate game. Throw an (IC) tantrum about it, quibble over the price. That sort of thing. But no one that wants to join should be barred from doing so. If there is an individual(s) who you feel absolutely should not be allowed to join for whatever reason, please bring this to the STs and we shall look into that for you.

Outstanding distribution of loot from previous events should also be distributed equally between those who were present at the event as there has been ample opportunity to verify your attendance by now.

TL:DR -

>NRFTW is a competitive environment but should not be so competitive that people get screwed to the point they are not having fun.
>Anyone who turns up to an event should get an equal share of the loot taken at that event.
>Any outstanding loot distribution should occur in accordance with the above.
>A degree of pocketing loot is expected and fine.
>Excess pocketing of loot is not fine and will be clamped down upon.
>All characters should be allowed to become members of the Iron Star Consortium should they so wish.

I hope this is of help to you.

Regards,

Jamie
Lead Storyteller
No Rest For The Wicked
War across the stars...for every child...
Designer Bloodstain
Captain
Captain
Ambrose Cordell Tollman

Re: Player contract and loot

Postby NeillC » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:25 pm

Just to follow up on this, for everyone waiting on the Loot Distribution from HASEP, I have had a fairly major attack of real life issues, and have kind of dropped the ball on this.

I'll be putting something up to move this along over the weekend, hopefully.

Sorry for the hold-up.
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Postby Ghost » Tue Dec 13, 2016 10:47 pm

Regards this - the previously stated IC cost for a *crews* stake in the Iron Star Consorium was 250 WU and at least one event of attendence for the dynasty+crew so the existing members could 'judge their mettle' - it was OC understood that the latter was an IC conciet and no applicant has been found wanting. :)

It did however limit membership IC to Rogue Traders and ithers empowered to travel beyond the line.

Can we ask the ST'S for guidance as to the IC legal position of those Not Empowered to act beyond the line but who are memebers of the consortium?
D3-K4-RD, Executor Fetial and Lord Protector of Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix.

Also Lord Captain Mercutio Dexter (Deceased)
Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Designer Bloodstain » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:04 pm

> Can we ask the ST'S for guidance as to the IC legal position of those Not Empowered to act beyond the line but who are members of the consortium?

Those individuals should endeavour to find an appropriate individual to sanction their activities beyond. Such effort should be met with appropriate IC cooperation/game (there’s that conceit again…) and those who make no such effort should be aware that there will be consequences to them if they are caught. With the least of said consequences being not getting a share, so it really is in their interest to do so.

This is essentially something of a two way street.
War across the stars...for every child...
Designer Bloodstain
Captain
Captain
Ambrose Cordell Tollman

Postby Hazel » Tue Dec 13, 2016 11:22 pm

Thank you for this!

More queries later on the PvP competition bit when I'm not so sleepy, but on the membership issue - it was my understanding that membership of the ISC was open explicitly to Rogue Traders? So people who are on crews are not members themselves, and never have been.

I'm happy to ensure that public shared loot lists get divided up to include anyone who attended the event for OOC fairness purposes. But IC, membership of the consortium has always been separate to loot shares (although of course it has influenced how loot is shared). Is this now being changed?
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby Simriel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:53 am

I want to say I am fully in support of this. There is also an ongoing issue of people not being given the chance to even know loot exists, by keeping the information between one or two groups of what was REALLY in a tent for example, and then not sharing the full list with all those who were in attendance at the battle/encounter.

Subnote: I have still not seen any clarification of loot shares from either the Shiver or from Schisms
Simriel
Midshipman
Midshipman
Commissar Tomas Rexuz

Postby Hazel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:33 am

Replying before you have a chance to respond to my first question, sorry, its just easier posting from home than work :)

I'd appreciate some further clarification on the 'we encourage PvP competition but everything must be shared equally' bit. Is this just about stealing off with things while the rest of party's back is turned? What about secret deals with NPCs, careful cons, clever theft of things already belonging to PCs, politicking so that everyone on a linear under-reports loot back at base, or going on the risky linear that others turn down? What about events where we do not make IC arrangements for shared loot lists to be administered?

@Simriel - information sharing of that kind is surely a feature not a bug of a competitive game? At Schisms for example, (if that's the one you're referring to?), the fact that a tiny number of people had the full loot list for the Sunday finale was an unprompted act on the part of the NPC, based on relationships we had spent time and effort cultivating.
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby Ger » Wed Dec 14, 2016 10:01 am

Colin,

I would like to address the indecent you are referring to. The Commissar, and in fact many other people, saw Brad walk out with an item under his arm. In fact the Commissar even went so far as to stop Brad and say, something like 'Hey that's a cool thing you got there'. I believe you subsequently mentioned it back at the base. Brad deployed the age old trick of ignoring what you said and used the 'brass neck' technique.

So The Commissar saw him steal it and IC he has not done anything about it. So you knew what was REALLY in the tent. I sincerely hope you are not implying I've done something wrong OC here. As I remember you seemed perfectly happy with looting at previous games that we both played?

On a separate note i'd very much like clarification on what is deemed excessive? Is it monetary value? is it specifically items? I ask because as you all know OC Brad, like many many many characters, is a thieving bastard and I have no intentions of stopping.

Thanks
Gerard
Ger
MurderDeathKill
MurderDeathKill

Postby Jaxx » Wed Dec 14, 2016 1:40 pm

First caveat:

I'm too niche for most of the loot that gets left behind, I am mostly ambivalent to this post because Jaxx ain't no thief blud

Just wanted to point out that this has been done IN RESPONSE to lots of emails whinging about it and as such is the ST team reacting to those emails and as such, can we watch where we're sprinkling the seasoning.

Might be worth the people who wanted something like this to chip in and say why they want it that way so that they STs aren't getting salt because they'really trying to make the game better based on feedback.
Jaxx
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Acheoexhumator C4-RREE J4-XX

Postby Simriel » Wed Dec 14, 2016 3:10 pm

Ger wrote:Colin,

I would like to address the indecent you are referring to. The Commissar, and in fact many other people, saw Brad walk out with an item under his arm. In fact the Commissar even went so far as to stop Brad and say, something like 'Hey that's a cool thing you got there'. I believe you subsequently mentioned it back at the base. Brad deployed the age old trick of ignoring what you said and used the 'brass neck' technique.

So The Commissar saw him steal it and IC he has not done anything about it. So you knew what was REALLY in the tent. I sincerely hope you are not implying I've done something wrong OC here. As I remember you seemed perfectly happy with looting at previous games that we both played?

On a separate note i'd very much like clarification on what is deemed excessive? Is it monetary value? is it specifically items? I ask because as you all know OC Brad, like many many many characters, is a thieving bastard and I have no intentions of stopping.

Thanks
Gerard

I entirely understand that that was an IC action and that that requires IC response. This wasn't what I was talking about at all and didn't mean to imply any wrongdoing etc on your part.
Simriel
Midshipman
Midshipman
Commissar Tomas Rexuz

Next

Return to OOC Announcements