By Schisms Rent Asunder

Announcements and other threads about events

By Schisms Rent Asunder

Postby Yoda » Mon May 23, 2016 9:59 pm

Seekers on the path of legend, I bid thee greeting.

The way to thine next nexus of fate lies open for some, and will open to all in due course.

Or in less poncy talk, tickets for By Schisms Rent Asunder are now available. They're available for early booking by the crew of Dark Deeds only until June 1st, at which point they'll go on general sale at https://tixty.co.uk/

We're looking at getting Mhorish in to cater for us again, including a fancier meal on the Saturday night if anyone wants to pull out the nice gear again. Details on that will come later when we've settled details.

Be seeing you,

Yoda
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Re: By Schisms Rent Asunder

Postby Yoda » Wed Jun 01, 2016 9:27 pm

The call has arisen from a long-lost world. The warp whispers of a world wreathed in blue flame, and unusual transmissions have finally fallen upon human ears.

Lhosir. A world of the Iron Star, long-ago fallen and calling out for help. Prizes to be won, daemons to be fought, a world to save - what rogue trader could miss out on such an adventure?

-----

A SPECTRE scout vessel has now visited the world based on the astromantic coordinates derived from tracing the Transmissions from the Deep back to their source.

There is one significant landmass populated by varying sizes of settlements, with what appears to be a hive-like structure and landing fields at the centre of the landmass. The Aquila lander despatched to the surface ran into technical difficulties and crash-landed. No transmissions were received from the lander after the crash. Unfortunately, Lt. Colonel Orpheus was aboard the lander.

Both the astropaths and navigators on the vessel reported a higher-than-normal amount of warp activity from the world, and they could feel its presence from orbit, though it fluctuated.

An ancient satellite network was detected in orbit, and the vessel came under scanning. High-resolution optical scans revealed what appears to be a feudal culture - no notable vehicles or power signatures, though there were fluctuating power signals at various locations including the hive-like structure.

-----

By Schisms Rent Asunder is the 11th No Rest for the Wicked event, and is taking place on a feudal world unknown to the Imperium and long disconnected from other worlds. There will be politics, psychic trouble, dueling, and more in a race to save the world from the growing threat of Chaos.

The current plan is to have an OOC social evening on Thursday evening that anyone can attend. This may also be followed by a similar OOC social evening on Sunday evening.

-----

Following a series of events where the event clean-up has been done by a very small group of people, the following policy is in place for all attendees. Should it be felt that this policy is not having the desired effect, ticket prices may have to go up across the board for future events to account for the costs of cleaning, loss of deposit or other incurred charges.

Policy text: All attendees at events run by Conflict Resolution LARP Ltd are expected to assist in cleaning and tidying the event site such that it can be left in a timely fashion by all parties. It is expected that each attendee will, over the course of the event, engage in an hour of productive assistance before leaving the site themselves. This assistance can include washing dishes that are not your own, removing rubbish, site walks to clean up encounter areas, sweeping and mopping floors, taking down tents and large props, and packing the prop van. Cleaning up after yourself, and other personal cleaning is not included within this expected cleaning time, and it is also expected that some cleaning tasks can and will be done over the weekend rather than all cleaning being done at the end of the event.
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby SteveC » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:27 pm

As a passing thought any word on if this will be a non dart event?
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 03, 2016 3:33 pm

It will indeed be dartless. Thought I'd made that announcement already, but on balance I probably didn't...
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby Yoda » Tue Jun 07, 2016 6:19 pm

Booked Players
  • Adam Ottaway
  • Alex Nelson
  • Amy Clarke*
  • Amy Partridge-Hicks*
  • Ben Brown
  • Ben McCallum
  • Becky Moody*
  • Björn Sederholm
  • Cherry Mitchell
  • Colin Simpson-Reilly
  • Daniel Bonar
  • Evgeny Sinclair
  • Fraser Ramsay
  • Gareth Torrance*
  • Gavin Sharp
  • Gerard Kurth
  • Hazel King
  • Iskander Koch
  • James Moody
  • James Watson
  • Jamie Smith
  • Jen Macvicar*
  • Jodika Ripley
  • Kat Reid
  • Kath Minchin
  • Mark Quennell
  • Matthew Tait*
  • Michael Horton
  • Neill Cram
  • Nicholas Woodruff
  • Orev Deniker
  • Paul Cordukes
  • Phillip Burnham
  • Richard Partridge-Hicks
  • Rob Collins
  • Sarah Tolmie*
  • Steve Clapton
  • Stew Carmichael
  • Stu Clark
  • Tim Edwards

If you would like your name obfuscated for any reason, let me know and I'll do that asap.

* assumed intention of multiple booking
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby Yoda » Sun Jun 12, 2016 10:30 pm

Right, bit delayed in getting this up, but player catering tickets are now available at https://tixty.co.uk/

The cost is a bit more than it was for Dark Deeds, but this is because it includes a fancier dinner on the Saturday evening. This is also a slight guesstimate as I haven't had a confirmed price from Mhorish.

Catering tickets are on sale until midnight on the 26th of June. If you can't make that deadline, I need you to be upfront with me about it as anyone who does not make that deadline and hasn't told me they need more time will not be getting fed by us.
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby theresponsibleone » Fri Jun 17, 2016 9:49 am

What time will the event finish on the Sunday? I'm looking at transport arrangements.
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Yoda » Fri Jun 17, 2016 4:45 pm

To continue beating the same drum as every event, we expect time out to occur between 1 and 2 pm on Sunday.

As it says on the event page at http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/B ... nt_Asunder and the Facebook event and so on.
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby Yoda » Mon Jun 20, 2016 11:03 am

Salutations sailors of the Sea of Souls,

This is a much-delayed request due to a very-hectic schedule. By Schisms Rent Asunder is taking place on a feudal world, and we're a little low on the correct kit for it. As such, it'd be really useful if we could borrow kit from players, crew, and anyone else who doesn't mind us using their kit for a weekend. In particular, what I'm looking for is armour and weapons: fur, leather, chain, plate, swords, maces, greatswords, poleaxes, spears - basically general medieval fantasy kit. Being able to borrow some soft kit would probably also be useful, but I don't want to go overboard on requests.

The more we can borrow, the better our crew will look while you stab them up (assuming you're playing the event), so any assistance in this regard is welcome.

While I'm making requests, I'd like to ask if anyone attending the event who has a bell tent would be willing to bring it in exchange for either a partial ticket rebate or a discount off their next event. What I'd like to use them for is to provide some extra set dressing for the event while also expanding our accommodation options.

Thanks for your help,

Yoda
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby theresponsibleone » Fri Jun 24, 2016 1:39 pm

Lhosir: Inside or outside the line? Am assuming outside, but given warp storms, could just as easily be inside.
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Next

Return to Events