Humans are such easy prey

Announcements and other threads about events

Humans are such easy prey

Postby Yoda » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:12 pm

A message regarding the next event, Humans are Such Easy Prey. Tickets are available now at https://tixty.co.uk/

IC Event Information
The Notorious Lord Captain Katchna is Dead! One of the richest Rogue Traders in the sector and an infamous beast trader has vanished. Or so the rumour goes. His dynasty are declining to comment with practiced smiles and daggers up their sleeves. More intriguing are the rumours of his fabled pleasure world being found. Centuries of plunder and profit rumoured to be stored on a mysterious planetoid, its whereabouts a mystery to even the most intrepid explorers of the abyss. Until now. A distorted signal emanates from a dead world: LV 7-86.

'SAVE US'

Over and over again.

Could this be the fabled Trophy planet rumoured to contain Terran Artefacts, billions of Thrones, exotic Xeno trinkets of unfathomable power, forbidden tomes, dangerous alien life forms too numerous to count? Could the rumour that Katchna owned the legendary Engram Matrix really be true? There is only one way to find out.

OOC Event Information

Humans Are Such Easy Prey is a high threat action horror game focusing on combat, exploration, isolation, scarcity and teamwork. It will feature adult themes including body horror and torture. There will at various points be enclosed spaces, sensory effects such as slime, loud noises, coloured/flashing lights, and smoke effects. Players of a nervous disposition, particularly those who are badly affected by loud noises or coloured lights are warned that this game may be very uncomfortable for them. We will do our best to clearly telegraph linears where anything particularly tactile or enclosed will take place – if you have any specific concerns or queries about content please ask.

To reinforce these themes, we ask that if players are using ammunition, drugs or other consumables, that these are phys-repped. It will be a non-dart-firing event so you do not need one nerf dart per bullet. But if, for example, your character has several clips worth of ammo we expect you to have an appropriately sized container for them (which cannot then also be used for storing other things). Your character will not have infinite ammunition available to them so we ask that you keep as close a track as you can of your usage.
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Re: Humans are such easy prey

Postby SteveC » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:17 pm

Thanks for the info.
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Postby Mr Prophet » Tue Sep 06, 2016 3:31 pm

Thinking primarily about base assaults, will it be possible at this game to seal doors, especially the 'base' doors, Aliens style?

I have some thoughts on how to do this in a suitably dynamic fashion, if the ref team are interested.
"Yea, though I walk in the Shadow of Fell Powers,
I shall fear no Ruin.
Thy light and Thy sword defend me."
- Psalm Imperialis XXIII

---
Luke Slater
Player of Azariah 'Doc' Maccrade
Mr Prophet
Midshipman
Midshipman
Azariah 'Doc' Maccrade

Postby Kat » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:39 am

I dont recall 'sealing the base doors' ever being a good thing in any horror movie....
OOC: Kat Reid
Kat
Captain
Captain
Marshall E. Smith-Mortimer, Arch-Reaver Teach

Postby Mr Prophet » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:01 am

I'm not saying it would be a good thing, but it is a genre relevant and potentially dramatic thing.
"Yea, though I walk in the Shadow of Fell Powers,
I shall fear no Ruin.
Thy light and Thy sword defend me."
- Psalm Imperialis XXIII

---
Luke Slater
Player of Azariah 'Doc' Maccrade
Mr Prophet
Midshipman
Midshipman
Azariah 'Doc' Maccrade

Postby Hazel » Wed Sep 07, 2016 9:46 pm

Feel free to drop me an email if you have any questions or comments about the game.
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Return to Events