Serenity Event 10

This is the place to advertise other events, and talk about trading goods, etc

Serenity Event 10

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:26 pm

SERENITY LRP
Event 10 of 4

Date: 30th May - 1st June, 2014
Site: Consall Scout Camp (http://www.consallscoutcamp.co.uk/)

Welcome to Boros, Land of rolling prairies, luscious beaches and some of the most gaochao sunsets you'll see.
High overhead the moon of Ares hangs in the sky above it, shining jewel in the night. Up there Iskellian Technology Solutions produce all the shiny toys that the alliance gets to play with. Those devices that fail or are outdated get shipped down to rot on the surface.
Pity it's not the only shit that rains from heaven down here.
---
“So, where do we take it? Harper? Boros?”
"Boros is too big. It's crawling with Alliance."
― Anon Captain talking with first mate
---
Authorities on Boros reported today that despite the continued presence of strikers on the Planet, they would be reopening their borders to outside traffic.

When asked to comment on the effect the Strikers have had on business on planet, Secretariat Elisha Marshal refused to answer questions and pointed us towards the planetary council's PR department.

Since the strikes started 83 days ago shipments to and from the planet have virtually dried up, seriously straining the Alliance war effort as they are placed under greater pressure by the recent Reaver offensive.

In an interview with a leader of the strikers, who did not want to be named, they reacted with mixed hostilely and hope to the announcement, claiming the opening of the borders shows a slip in the resolve of the regime while at the same time raising the spectre of non unionised workers flooding the planet and crossing the protest lines.

These fears have been heightened by the arrival of a delegation from the security bonding and review board, hinting at a possible escalation in the near future.
---
They say in Boros city
There are no neutrals there
You'll either be a union man
Or a brown coated bear

Which side are you on boys?
Which side are you on?
-Unification war song

Tickets:

Player ticket - £55
Crew ticket - Free

Booking will open 12th December, 2013.

Welcome back to our first event of 2014, being held over the weekend of the 30th of May at Consall scout camp in stoke on Trent.

There are Ic bunks available. 54 Ic sleeping berths are available in the in-character area with a further 20 in the out of character area. Preference for Out-of-Character bunks will be given to our crew with empty bunks being offered to players. Camping at this event will be strictly out-of-character.

There event is uncatered but players have full access to a kitchen for preparing their own food. Breakfast and Evening Meal will be provided for Crew.

One thing that was apparent at the last event is that even with the new method of doing Jobs, we still need more crew. For this reason we will be keeping player tickets limited to 54 until such time as we can be assured of sufficient crew to serve such a large playerbase.

The setting for this event is “Van Dykes” a bar on an antigrav platform transportation hub (conveniently placed just outside the airspace above Boros city) offering drinks, gambling, a warm bunk house (and various other services, for the right price).

We look forward to seeing you in May.
Keep Flying and stay shiny!
D3-K4-RD, Executor Fetial and Lord Protector of Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix.

Also Lord Captain Mercutio Dexter (Deceased)
Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Re: Serenity Event 10

Postby Ghost » Mon Dec 16, 2013 6:32 pm

So the player spaces ran out in 18 hours. However, the more crew that show up, the more players the organiser can accommodate and I was wondering if it was the kind of thing that would appeal to the No Rest types.

Crewing for this game, much like No Rest, is awesome. I crewed for my first game and had an absolute blast.

You get to change the plot. One of their key points in game design is that character's actions matter but equally, they give npcs freedom to serve the story. one of the wonderful things about the whole "Rules state minimum ammount of damage" means that plots can be turned on their heads by both player and npc action.

So yeah...come crew. I promise you'll enjoy yourselves.

Any questions, please ask below.

Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Maakeff » Mon Dec 16, 2013 8:51 pm

Do the organisers have a website/Facebook page/method of contact that you can share?
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Winter
Maakeff
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Winter

Postby Yoda » Tue Dec 17, 2013 1:05 am

Literally the first link in Google for "Serenity LARP": http://www.serenity-lrp.co.uk/
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby Ghost » Wed Dec 18, 2013 12:31 am

Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby horzabora » Sat Dec 21, 2013 6:57 pm

Having failed to book a player place I've now gone through a bout of wanting to go.

This is an amazing game, it's been quite inspirational for me and I'm glad I went to even one event. I'm sure it would be amazing to crew for, so people should go.

This isn't so more player slots open up :P
Rob Collins
Creative Director: Conflict Resolution
Lead Storyteller: Inquisition Chronicles
Storyteller: No Rest for the Wicked
"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."
horzabora
Storyteller
Storyteller
Creative Director

Return to Other Events and Trading