Titan Recovery Effort

Chat about anything and introduce yourself!

Titan Recovery Effort

Postby Darth Fanboy » Sun Nov 30, 2014 9:50 am

Could I get the forum details (along with character names, because if I haven't forgotten them yet I will soon) for those who found the Titan's data core at the last event, please?
Accursed be the Machine cast not in the Crucible of Faith.
- Catechism of the Autoculus of Mars
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Re: Titan Recovery Effort

Postby FutureFlyingPhoenix » Mon Dec 01, 2014 8:18 pm

Hi Magos!

Skitarri Centurion Kellan Raltus reporting here aka Amy.

Was a pleasure to fight through those data sprites for the mechanicus to retrieve our prize.

Thank you so much to all the mechanicus players for making me feel welcome for my first player event :).

By the Omnissiah’s grace, battle well.
FutureFlyingPhoenix
Crewman
Crewman
Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix

Postby Xarat » Mon Dec 01, 2014 10:26 pm

Was playing Elle on the recovery of the core and fighting of date sprites.
Xarat
Midshipman
Midshipman
Sister Joscline

Postby webrat_jen » Mon Dec 01, 2014 11:22 pm

((OOC: Jen here, i played Abila on the mission, the short-ass girl in the giant red coat))

IC: *bzzzt.* Abila reporting. Confirming presence on mission. Keen to assist in restoring Titan engine to full magnificence.
webrat_jen
Crewman
Crewman
Abila Orsis

Postby Darth Fanboy » Tue Dec 02, 2014 5:29 pm

Splendid. My suggestion, at this point, is that there be a single Titan and/or Iron Man Endeavour up for each down time, at least at the moment, as otherwise we're going to spend an awful lot of time not doing anything else, but if we have the enthusiasm and the numbers, it may be better to double up.

On preliminary thought, we're going to need, in The short to medium term:

- A briefing to the various Lord Captains and other sponsors on what, exactly, their tech-adepts will be doing with their time.
- A secure site from which to work (I suggest Arkangel as a location, but would also like to note a personal bias in that my character holds title there).
- Initial data extraction, with various savants and cogitor adepts working to collate and index the materials.
- Research into a disruptor and/or shutdown technology for employment against the Iron Men, using data and techniques gained above.
- Initial contact with a Forge World and it's Titan Legion, who will take delivery of whatever final product we have (I will lobby hard for Accatran as my character's hearth forge, and the Legio Destructor as his former comrades, but if others have strong opinions then it needs to be hammered out well in advance).

On a related point: I have conflicting information on whether the Titan whose core we recovered was itself named Steel Hammer, or was from a Titan Legion of that same name. Does anyone have confirmation?

On an unrelated note, Amy, did you ever get the prosthetic off of your face? It was looking as if it was turning into a Herculean effort last time I saw you.
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Postby Guy In The White » Sun Dec 07, 2014 9:17 pm

i was there too, Banisher Isaiah Brontide of the Dullahan.
Guy In The White
Crewman
Crewman

Postby webrat_jen » Wed Jan 07, 2015 7:58 pm

*bzzt-click* Abila speaking.

the attempt to *bzzt-bzzt* interfere with the iron men is under process of figuring out what we need and who can help. it looks like this will go ahead however, so thank you for your patience while the finer details are thrashed out.

((OOC: STs have been in touch saying that this seems very doable, with a decent payoff (for the ability to call stun or disable on men of iron). still working out the details, but it'll likely be in a couple of parts, for which we'll need different skills sets.
1. complete the research
2. build prototype (construction action) and then
3. test on men of iron (STs have mentioned that they may be able to allow us to do this in uptime, which will be more fun, but a little more risky for characters.

so, in short, nothing to do right this moment, but plans are afoot so watch this space.))
webrat_jen
Crewman
Crewman
Abila Orsis

Postby Darth Fanboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:26 pm

Greetings, my fellow sons and daughters of the forge. Greetings, too, to the other noble servants of the Emperor who seek to assist us in our endeavours.

I regret my recent lack of communications, but the exigencies of our recent operations have detained me from this endeavour. Rest assured, I have not been idle these many weeks, but the time I have been able to devote to the Steel Hammer has been limited.

I attach to this data burst the initial proposed schema, and hope to have your agreement to this undertaking in time to make submission to our various lords; patrons and associates.

I suggest that any and all profits and surplus from these undertakings, along with such directed results that obtain, be held against future requirements of these undertakings. Similarly, I suggest that the project be better served by holding off publication and dissemination of archaeodata gathered until we are ready to present our work and make request of further resources from the greater Mechanicus and Imperium. Releasing data piecemeal will result only in a dilution of prestige and put us at greater risk.

Be also assured that, when the time comes, I also have every intention of undertaking a more mercenary endeavour to garner support for my own undertakings. It would be agreeable to cooperate with my fellows in this, in order to mitigate expenses and maximise returns.

I suggest we discuss the particulars of the forthcoming undertakings in cooperation with our fellows, that all may contribute their knownedge.

Please accept, dear friends and honoured colleagues, the expression of my sincerest considerations.

Magos Solomon Kleist, Master of the 29BAB8383634B1B0, Loyal Servant of the Omnissianic God-Emperor of Man and Machine.

Hello, all.

Real life has, for the moment, stopped kicking me in the face, and hence I have now actually got enough time and energy to usefully post. Horay!

I’ve taken a first look at the endeavours. The main issue is the Requirements/Cost/Difficulty section. The Keywords document is rather sparse in places, and I’m without a guide on just how Big a Thing these are.

This is something of a public works project, along with a long-term plan to profit the Consortium as a whole. Please hold off on clawing at data fragments or any profit gained until the Iron Man weapon / code is field-ready and we are ready to hand off to the Mechanicus on the Titan (whether it’s a finished engine or a set of component designs and a refurbished core).

I fully intend an endeavour to blag IP and/or WP afterwards, but would rather that this project go off without a hitch.

I’m posting the endeavour drafts in the OOC Chat section rather than Mechanicus, in the hopes of having discussion in one place and get the maximum feedback.

TTFN.

Alex.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Postby Darth Fanboy » Wed Jan 28, 2015 1:29 pm

To Kill the Silica Animus: The Intersection of Hatred and Knowledge

1. Narrative (Preliminary): Gathering at Arkangel, the savants and tech-adepts of the Iron Star Consortium gather to learn what they can of the hated Iron Men, the better to kill them. From the assembled reports and data fragments a basic understanding may be garnered, but the information to be obtained from the core of the Steel Hammer allows more directed action.

The knowledge obtained by this Endeavour is expected to allow the creation of a Silica Animus Cogitor-Mind Disruption Implement, the prototyping of which will be undertaken next Downtime.

2. Type: Obtain

3. Outcome: Iron Men Cogitor Architecture Map

4. Method: Technological

5. Keyword: Archaeotech Lore

6. Difficulty / Cost: 800 / 200

7. Assign Outcomes & pay cost(s): See Below

Skills: Cogitator Hacking, Evaluate, Pilot, Mechanics, Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech

Assets Allowed: Mercantile, Technical, Void, Heretical, Xenos

Difficulty Allocation:
Magos Solomon Kleist: Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech 5 (50)

750 remaining

Cost Allocation:

200 remaining

The Titan Shall Walk: Data Archaeology

1. Narrative: Cogitor Artisans, Omnissianic Congregators and Transmechanics are gathered from throughout the Iron Star Consortium to better know the inner workings of the Titan Data Core and bring it into unity with contemporary systems. By bending their will to this task, not only are the secrets of the Engine’s mind are opened up for study, but it is made ready for unity with its new body.

Fully functional Mind Impulse Datalinks are forged, allowing passive access, and the points of unity are created for full Princeps and Moderatus links.

2. Type: Construct

3. Outcome: The Mind of a God Machine

4. Method: Technological

5. Keyword: Titan

6. Difficulty / Cost: 1000 / 1000

7. Assign Outcomes & pay cost(s): See Below

Skills: Cogitator Hacking, Evaluate, Pilot, Mechanics, Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech

Assets Allowed: Mercantile, Technical, Void, Heretical, Xenos

Difficulty Allocation:

Solomon Kleist: Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech 5 (50)
Solomon Kleist: Tech Priest (reduce difficulty by 100)

850 remaining

Cost Allocation:
Solomon Kleist: Tech Priest (reduce difficulty by 75)

925 remaining

Note One: In the event that we cannot scare up resources for both at this time, I intent to route everything to the Iron Man weapon.

Note Two: A tally will be kept of contributions, in resources and effort. We expect profitable outcomes from these long-term undertakings, and one must speculate to accumulate.
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Postby Darth Fanboy » Sat Jan 31, 2015 10:28 pm

After discussion with rulsey types, the above has been edited and updated.

Currently looking into how much I can contribute financially. Will update in the not too distant.

Remember: contribute early, contribute often!
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Next

Return to OOC Chat