Titan Recovery Effort

Chat about anything and introduce yourself!

Re: Titan Recovery Effort

Postby webrat_jen » Mon Feb 02, 2015 10:29 pm

((OOC: i cannot for the life of me get my head round the downtime system. i would very much appreciate guidance on how i can be most useful. Abila has mechanics at 4, which i think it my strongest skill to contribute. she has fought the iron men, if such experience is of use, and had at least one blow up in her face while trying to kill it.))
webrat_jen
Crewman
Crewman
Abila Orsis

Postby Darth Fanboy » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:32 pm

As far as what you can allocate, or as far as how to log it on the system?

What can be allocated:
You have two "skills" actions, each of which adds (rank x 20) points towards the difficulty of an Endeavour. Each endeavour has a number of associated skills (the skills which can be allocated). You can put both your actions in the one Endeavour.

Example:
Seneschal Bob allocates 2 Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech 4 actions to the "The Intersection of Hatred and Knowledge" action. It needs another 640 to make the Endeavour work (assuming no outside influence).

For both of these, the applicable skills are: Cogitator Hacking, Evaluate, Pilot, Mechanics, Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech. Note that, if you need to contribute to two actions, you can put different skills in each to meet different requirements.

Characters may have one or more assets (titles, etc.) For example, I'm currently seeing if I can avoid my Magos points being tied up in replenishing my ship this downtime. Usually, these contribute to the Difficulty.

For both of these, the applicable Assets are: Mercantile, Technical, Void, Heretical, Xenos.

If you have wealth units or exploration points to spare, these go to meet the Cost.

Various character archetypes have abilities useful to Endeavours. For example, Tech-Priests can lower the difficulty of Construct actions.

In terms of logging the thing, there's an Endeavours section on your Downtimes area for creating new ones, and the Submit section where what you are doing is logged (along with any XP spend etc).

This reasonably clear, or can I add more detail on something?

Correction: Player actions grant Skill x 20. Amended above.
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on Tue Feb 03, 2015 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Accursed be the Machine cast not in the Crucible of Faith.
- Catechism of the Autoculus of Mars
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Postby Artemis » Mon Feb 02, 2015 11:52 pm

Player actions are skill x 20
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby Armagite » Tue Feb 03, 2015 6:06 am

Sorry might be a little slow on the up here, but can't we use Binary cant on the 1st or 2nd endeavor?
Armagite
Midshipman
Midshipman
Sergeant "Rolento"

Postby Artemis » Tue Feb 03, 2015 7:49 am

The only method that lists language as an appropriate skill is academic method. Given how much of a bonus tech priests get on binaric cant it'd be a bit cheesy too in my personal opinion if they could also apply that to tech endeavours.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby webrat_jen » Tue Feb 03, 2015 11:06 am

((OOC: that is very useful. thank you.
Abila will be adding mechanical 4 (80points) and cogiator hacking 2 (40 points), as well as mechanicus influence to the 'breaking the iron men' endevour this downtime. i shall be contributing one downtime action. i shall ask my group about freeing up so funds, but i do not think i shall be able to contribute much towards the cost as i play a mercenary.
webrat_jen
Crewman
Crewman
Abila Orsis

Postby FutureFlyingPhoenix » Tue Feb 03, 2015 8:18 pm

OOC:

Deus Omnissiah!

I am still on to help though I have one problem.......

I'm a little hyper specialized in my construction which means I am in the market more for destruction than construction *innocent halo*. I can add some mechanics but it's just really low.

Since I have not the skills that you specify in the endeavours currently, I wonder if there is scope for me to obtain resources (parts, wealth or otherwise) which could otherwise contribute to our task?

Would that be helpful at all?

*salutes* Amy (Kellan).
FutureFlyingPhoenix
Crewman
Crewman
Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix

Postby Darth Fanboy » Wed Feb 04, 2015 9:35 pm

Right, looking at what we've got, the rebuild on the Titan core isn't going to be feasible at this point (unless a lot of people suddenly become available and have a lot of money in their pockets).

For the Iron Men endeavour, we are as follows:

Difficulty Allocation:
Magos Solomon Kleist: Forbidden Lore: Archaeotech 5 x 2 (200)
Magos Solomon Kleist: Religious Technical Asset: Influence (Mechanicus) (90)
Executor Nikolas Chidike: Religious Technical Asset: Influence (Mechanicus) (120)
Navigator Icharus Alaric: Void Watcher (40)
Abila Orsis: Mechanics 4 x 2 (160)

190 remaining

Cost Allocation:
Navigator Icharus Alaric: Void Watcher (40)
Bulldog Coffers: 50 WU (37.5)

122.5 remaining (Note: 123 EP or 164 WU)

It appears that the Machenko dynasty's funds are restricted at this point, and I have precious little ready cash of my own. Furthermore, this is not an Endeavour where the use of my ship would be able to usefully contribute.

350 difficulty represents the full contribution of perhaps 2-3 characters with significant appropriate skills, more with less relevant ones. Of course, a few assets being available would be most useful if this were possible.

For resource acquisition, this may be better served as a separate Endeavour. Alternatively, a Scouting action using military resources (if anyone has, say, a Skitarii Century knocking about by complete coincidence) to pinpoint any who would seek to undermine our great works (that we may then kill them, and take their stuff).
Last edited by Darth Fanboy on Thu Feb 05, 2015 8:28 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

Postby webrat_jen » Wed Feb 04, 2015 11:52 pm

*bzzzt-click-bzzzzzzz*

Confrimation. The Pitbulls will contribute 50 WU towards, and i quote, fucking the shit up of the iron men.

additional assistance at a later date could be secured, though they are mercenaries and tend to appreciate payment for their efforts. mine own efforts will continue to be given freely as and when i have the time, as these *bzzzt-crick* abominations need to be stopped.

abila out.
webrat_jen
Crewman
Crewman
Abila Orsis

Postby Darth Fanboy » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:12 am

Excellent.

Also, as an item of note, Centurion includes an "Religious Technical Asset: Influence (Mechanicus) - 30 pts". If it's not being applied anywhere else, it would be much appreciated if it could be applied here.
Darth Fanboy
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Archmagos Solomon Kleist

PreviousNext

Return to OOC Chat