Stopping an Invasion (OOC Numbermaths!)

Chat about anything and introduce yourself!

Stopping an Invasion (OOC Numbermaths!)

Postby NeillC » Tue Apr 05, 2016 10:27 pm

Heya,

So, I've just put up the IC part of this in the IC forum, but here's the numbers for what we can potentially do with this:

1) Directly attacking them before they mobilise

This is a relatively well armed and organised invasion force. As such to meet them head on and straight up destroy them would come with a difficulty of 2000 and a cost 1000.

2) Working out where they're going and reinforcing the planet before they arrive

Just to work out where they are going to go would be a Discovery endeavour with a difficulty of 400 and a cost of 200. They are not exactly hiding themselves well, they just happen to be in an obscure place which contributes to the aforementioned difficulty and cost.

To then reinforce that planet you would need to make a guard or vigil action with the difficulty rating of the invasion force in mind.

3) Harassing the force en route to weaken them for the PDF forces and other military groups to deal with.

This could be done with a series of smaller destroy actions likely ranging from between 200 up to 800 difficulty depending on what you wanted to put into it. Cost would scale to half difficulty.

4) Gathering further information to pass on to military groups to help deal with the force.

This would be a Conspiracy as it is basically espionage against this force and would come with a difficulty of 600 to get truly useful information and a cost of 400.

I'm personally hoping to be able to just go for option 1, but depending on what we can get, we can scale things appropriately.

My group can put in a lot of the difficulty, but whatever we can get towards that and the Cost would be helpful.

Neill
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Re: Stopping an Invasion (OOC Numbermaths!)

Postby SteveC » Sat Apr 09, 2016 5:45 pm

I'm happy to offer up an action from each of the Hastreme voidships. They don't have much in the way of MP unfortunately but if you can add a method that allows EP to added in then I can give you 800-900 points from that towards difficulty.
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Postby NeillC » Mon Apr 11, 2016 8:57 pm

I've got everything I need, but I think Jamie needs some stuff for his Endeavour against the Battlebarge.
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Postby SteveC » Tue Apr 12, 2016 5:11 pm

I message Jamie same time I made this offer as both my ships are high speed and so adding to both wasn't going to be a problem.
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Return to OOC Chat