Rescue Missions

Chat about anything and introduce yourself!

Rescue Missions

Postby NeillC » Mon May 16, 2016 10:00 pm

I've just sent the STs a barrage of questions about rescue missions.

I'll post up the relevant parts of the answers here, to save us all inundating the STs with the same questions over and over, and am happy to co-ordinate things if no-one objects.

Neill
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Re: Rescue Missions

Postby nadriel » Mon May 16, 2016 10:02 pm

Fine by me. If I have any thoughts not covered, I'll send them to you- keeps all in one place.
nadriel
Captain
Captain
Officio Assassinorum

Postby NeillC » Sun May 22, 2016 9:22 pm

Having spoken to the STs, I've now got initial numbers from the STs about the rescue missions. Things the captured PCs can do may affect this, and the STs are open to negotiating if we feel the numbers are way too high.

Rescuing Io & Pip from the Dark Eldar is a Destroy Endeavour with the War Keyword. There are two options:

The first is at 2,000 Difficulty & 2,000 Cost and gets them back with no mitigation to the consequences of having been captured (other than being alive and still playable as PC characters)
    The second is a 3,000 Difficulty & 3,000 Cost endeavour to get them back with some mitigation to the consequences of having been captured
    Further to the second option a further endeavour of Difficulty & Cost 1,000 can be made to fix the significant downsides of having been captured prior to the next event

Finding Jaxx on the Webway is an Obtain Endeavour:

Without an Eldar guide, it's 10,000 Difficulty and 10,000 Cost.
    With one, it's 3,000 Difficulty & 3,000 Cost.

Other things to note:

Voidships can't be used on these Endeavours, as we're basically going to be going onto the Webway, and they won't fit.
    Eldar assets count four times their value on these Endeavours
    PCs who are taken can contribute, but only with appropriate skills in helpful ways
    For the taken PCs, upkeeps don't need to be paid, but their assets and titles can't be used this downtime, except for their Voidships
    We can do Endeavours to gain Eldar Influence for this downtime only, at half the normal difficulty/cost - but we'd be able to use them on these Endeavours.

Finally, I've been assured that the STs intention, if we are successful in getting these people back, is to return them with consequences, but not ones that will leave them either unplayable, or as immediate threats/heretics/things we just want to kill. Obviously, what happens after they're returned might change things, but we won't be spending massive amounts of effort and resources on this only to bring back unviable PCs.
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Postby SteveC » Sun May 22, 2016 9:34 pm

Lack of voidship contributions takes out my major way of assisting with difficulties and costs. Might be able to add a few points here and there but not huge amounts I'm afraid.
Last edited by SteveC on Sun May 22, 2016 9:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Postby Hazel » Sun May 22, 2016 9:53 pm

Hi Neill,

Thank you for organising all this! Without the ships that puts a dent in our output but I can shuffle other things around, I think... I'll try and get you a rough idea of what we can throw at it in the next couple of days (which may go down if there are limits on methods etc).

Questions off the top of my head:
So the IC plan of splitting it in half and having some 'distraction' destroy endeavours happening outside the webway isn't a go? Anyone who is contributing will be going back into the webway, unless we are doing things like setting up medical stations, defending the real-world side of the webway gate, etc.?

What are the mechanisms for getting an Eldar guide? I'm assuming we can do a separate endeavour to go earn one as per your instructions, but what would the cost be?
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby NeillC » Sun May 22, 2016 10:15 pm

Essentially what I've been quoted is a combination of raiding Dark Eldar worlds, and then a run onto the webway for the rescue itself, all rolled into one Endeavour.

I don't think that everyone involved has to go on the Webway, but I'll clarify.

The exact mechanism for getting a guide is (as far as I can tell), just using an Influence or similar, and having an appropriate narrative. Again, I'll get it clarified.

In terms of the Methods involved, I'll be starting with Martial for both, but I don't want to add too many extra ones as the costs are already high. Obviously, if it looks promising, then we can add more, though!
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Postby Bear » Sun May 22, 2016 10:17 pm

War/
Never been so much fun/
War/
Never been so much fun/
War/
Never been so much fun/
War/
Never been so much fun/

Go up to your brother/
Kill him with your gun/
Leave him lying in his uniform/
Dying in the sun/

War/

War/
Never been so much fun...

I mean...bring on the war! I'll chip in 1800 difficulty right away for Pip and Io (unless Yoda changes the rules in the next week or two), but cost we'll have to discuss.
I've also got an offer of some extra towards Pip and Io, which is another 200-220 Influence, and some IP. Do you maybe want to set up a Google doc where we can put in what we have so far (bar those that have secret things to add, of course)?

I'll get back about what we can do for Jaxx.

What is the second 1000/1000 Endeavour to help Pip and Io? I would assume Bolster...akin to R&R for removing red Corruption cards, maybe?
Bear
Captain
Captain
Lord Gavrillius Angstrom

Postby Andrew » Mon May 23, 2016 2:18 am

To be clear, the offer of assistance bjorn has is a stealth skill of 7 and either a melee skill of 3 or if it can be made to work a warp navigation/politics skill of 4. The Temple of the Unbroken Knot - Hymn of Radiance Mission can also contribute at least 100IP, potentially 140IP if really needed.
Andrew
Storyteller
Storyteller
Isaac Flint

Postby Yoda » Mon May 23, 2016 9:15 am

Bear wrote:unless Yoda changes the rules in the next week or two

That particular thing needs addressing but wasn't on my immediate fix-list.
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby NeillC » Mon May 23, 2016 11:03 am

Later today, I'm going to set up a spreadsheet that people can fill in with what they can offer, and any notes they want to add.

I'll then try to organise these so that we get it done and as many people as possible are involved. I can't promise to fit everyone in, as we're already going to be struggling with costs, but I'll try.

If you don't want to have the information publicly available, email me on Neill.cram@gmail.com and I'll make sure it gets taken into account.
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Next

Return to OOC Chat