Arch-Militant

Discussions pertinent to the rules rewrite

Moderator: Artemis

Arch-Militant

Postby Yoda » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:46 pm

Born for War
You gain an effective +1 to Fortitude, Ranged Weapons Training and Melee Weapons Training. This may grant you an effective level above Advanced at character creation. This bonus may not raise your effective level above Epic.

Basic
Over the Top
Once per combat, may spend a point of Vitality to ignore all damage calls for five second while you are advancing towards the enemy. Special calls such as Stun or Knockdown are not ignored.
  • Upgrade: You may now use this talent 3 times per combat
  • Upgrade: After this effect ends, you may call Knockdown on your next attack that occurs within ten seconds of this effect ending
This One is Mine
Select a single specific weapon when you take this talent (must be noted with the Storytellers or on your sheet). This weapon is considered a Signature Weapon for you, and you may pick a bonus from the following list for it (these do not apply to Automatic Fire). Heavy Weapons cannot be Signature Weapons. Please see the Signature Weapon description for details of specific situations such as loss of a Signature Weapon.
Options: Knockdown 3/combat, +1 Damage, Through 6/combat, Toxic 3/combat, Resist Disarm 3/combat, Silenced 6/combat
  • Upgrade: Select a second weapon. It may have a different effect from the list.
Was:
Options: Knockdown 3/combat, +1 Damage, Through 3/combat, Toxic 3/combat, Resist Disarm 3/combat, Silenced 3/combat
  • Upgrade: Select a second weapon. It may have a different effect from the list.

Was:
This One is Mine
Select a single specific weapon when you take this talent (must be noted with the Storytellers or on your sheet). This weapon is considered a Signature Weapon for you, and you may pick a bonus from the following list for it (these do not apply to Automatic Fire). Heavy Weapons cannot be Signature Weapons. Please see the Signature Weapon description for details of specific situations such as loss of a Signature Weapon.

Options: Knockdown 3/combat, +1 Damage, Through 3/combat, Toxic 3/combat

Melee – Intermediate
Takedown
Once per combat, you can call Knockdown on your next melee attack.
  • Upgrade: You may now use this talent three times per combat
  • Upgrade: You may now call Mass Knockdown
Was:
Melee – Intermediate
Takedown
  • Upgrade:

Disable
Once per combat, you can call Disable on your next melee attack.
  • Upgrade: You may now call this three times per combat
  • Upgrade: You may now call Dismember instead

Ranged – Intermediate
Trick Shot
Choose from Disarm Range or Challenge Range, you may replace a normal shooting call with that one once per combat.
  • Upgrade: You may now use this talent three times per combat.
  • Upgrade: You may pick from either call to use as your attack.
Pinpoint Accuracy
Once per combat, you can call Disable <Arm> on your next ranged attack
  • Upgrade: You may now call Disable <Leg> instead

Covering Fire
Once per combat, you can call Knockdown on your next ranged attack
  • Upgrade: You may now call Flame Knockdown instead

Melee – Advanced
None Like It (Melee)
One of your melee Signature Weapons may gain one of the effects on the following list. Effects of the same type do not stack.

Options: Knockdown 6/combat, Dismember 3/combat, Through 9/combat, +1 Damage, Disarm 3/Combat

• Upgrade: You may choose another effect for your ranged Signature Weapons

None Like It (Melee)
Each of your melee Signature Weapons may gain one of the effects on the following list. Effects of the same type do not stack.

Options: Knockdown 6/combat, Dismember 3/combat, Through 6/combat, +1 Damage, Disarm 3/Combat

Was:
Melee – Advanced
None Like It (Melee)
Each of your melee Signature Weapons may gain one of the effects on the following list. Effects of the same type do not stack.

Options: Knockdown 6/combat, Dismember 3/combat, Through 6/combat, +1 Damage

• Upgrade: You may choose another effect for your melee Signature Weapons
Iron Skin
Three times per combat, you may spend a Vitality hit to call Shield. This does stack with a normal Shield.
  • Upgrade: You may now use this talent six times per combat
Was:
Three times per combat, when you suffer a vitality hit, you may ignore the extra effects on the call (such as Knockdown, Stun, etc).

Ranged – Advanced
Penetrating Shot
Three Times per combat, you can call Through Vital with your next ranged attack.
  • Upgrade: You may now call Through Vital Shieldbreaker
Penetrating Shot
Once per combat, you can call Through Vital Shieldbreaker with your next ranged attack.

Was:
Ranged – Advanced
Penetrating Shot
Once per combat, you can call Shieldbreaker with your next ranged attack.

None Like It (Ranged)
One of your ranged Signature Weapons may gain one of the effects on the following list. Effects of the same type do not stack.

Options: Stun 3/combat, Disable 1/Combat, Through 9/combat, +1 Damage, Silenced 9/combat
Was:
None Like It (Ranged)
Each of your ranged Signature Weapons may gain one of the effects on the following list. Effects of the same type do not stack.

Options: Stun 3/combat, Disable 1/Combat, Through 6/combat, +1 Damage, Silenced 3/combat

Was:
None Like It (Ranged)
Each of your ranged Signature Weapons may gain one of the effects on the following list. Effects of the same type do not stack.

Options: Stun 3/combat, Dismember <Arm> 3/combat, Through 6/combat, +1 Damage, Silenced 3/combat

Was:
None Like It (Ranged)

Options: Stun 1/combat, Disable <Arm> 6/combat, Through 6/combat, +1 Damage, Disarm 1/Combat

Updated by Gordon McDonald 28/08/2013.
- Yoda.
Do you hear the voices too?!
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Re: Arch-Militant

Postby Yoda » Tue Aug 20, 2013 8:47 pm

The lists for This One is Mine and None Like It (both versions) still need some work. They're the brainstormed ideas rather than a definitive list.
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby Ghost » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:45 am

Takedown
Upgrade: You may now use this talent three times per combat

Suggested 2nd Upgrade: You may now call 'Knockdown Stun'.
D3-K4-RD, Executor Fetial and Lord Protector of Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix.

Also Lord Captain Mercutio Dexter (Deceased)
Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby evgeny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:05 am

As I understood "Over the Top" was suppose to be useful against ranged attacks not all attacks. But as it is phrased right now it works against melee attacks as well.

Can you clarify weather that is intentional and it does indeed ignores melee damage.
Occasionally, I forget that the world and I have largely differing views on what matters.
evgeny
Captain
Captain
Genetor Ezekiel Grey

Postby Yoda » Wed Aug 21, 2013 8:14 am

If you are charging through enemy lines to get to an enemy warlord, then it'll work against any melee hits they get on the way through. It is not intended to be used in a close-in situation though.
- Yoda.
Yoda
Storyteller
Storyteller
Code Cultist

Postby hofoengenar » Wed Aug 21, 2013 10:27 am

Possibly an immune to disarm option on This One Is Mine? It would seem fitting.
Slice
Captain in the Pitbulls.
Definitely not a doctor.
hofoengenar
Marshall
Marshall
Slice

Postby Artemis » Wed Aug 21, 2013 12:21 pm

For signature weapon and this one is mine, can it be made clear whether the maximum call by a weapon is still capped by weapon skill or does the talent bypass.

For Over the top you don't have a number of times per combat for the upgraded version, it was three last time. Also does the effect stop when you start attacking or can you do flyby attacks while resistant to damage?

Pinpoint accuracy looks a bit keen with the effect of disable currently and no requirement to land a hit to deliver the effect. I think it's more a function of disable being quite nasty than the talent letting you do it though, an easier way of shaking it off would make it worthwhile without being obscene.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby evgeny » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:13 pm

Yoda wrote:If you are charging through enemy lines to get to an enemy warlord, then it'll work against any melee hits they get on the way through. It is not intended to be used in a close-in situation though.

I see what you are saying, it's just I want to make sure it's clarified in the talent that "the moment you make it to you target the effect of Over The Top expires".

I hope everyone understands where I'm coming from with this. As 15 seconds of invincible against a boss is not something I would like to see.
Occasionally, I forget that the world and I have largely differing views on what matters.
evgeny
Captain
Captain
Genetor Ezekiel Grey

Postby Andrew » Wed Aug 21, 2013 2:28 pm

If you've stopped long enough to fight someone then you are no longer advancing towards a target and so the power ends. We can probably make that clearer in the write up of the power.
Andrew
Storyteller
Storyteller
Isaac Flint

Postby Maakeff » Wed Aug 21, 2013 3:05 pm

If I was playing this class, taking "Penetrating Shot would be a no-brainer - I would not do it. It simply does not compare to the versatility of "None Like It", since Shieldbreaker ammunition can be acquired and used with relative ease.

To change this, I'd suggest adding in another option or two of calls that are not in "None Like It" so that it's more of a difficult choice between the two Advanced Talents (or maybe an additional call to go alongside the Shieldbreaker), or perhaps increasing the frequency - but due to the intended rarity of NPCs with Shields, that may not be useful enough.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Winter
Maakeff
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Winter

Next

Return to Rules 2.0 Rewrites