Leader

Discussions pertinent to the rules rewrite

Moderator: Artemis

Re: Leader

Postby Hazel » Mon Nov 10, 2014 10:33 pm

My personal opinion is no, the Inspire side is way more useful and fun; people get dropped and need hits back in every fight, whereas rally is only useful when fear effects happen - similarly, fear is only useful when the enemy has low enough Integrity that they don't resist it.

But I guess for those times when lots of rally *is* needed then there's really no other way of doing it (whereas hits can be given back with drugs and medicae); so it's needed less often, but might make more of a difference when it is?
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby Simriel » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:39 pm

I've found the fears I have fairly useful for crowd control. Once you have a bunch of them they can be very useful, as can the banner fear which they'd need stupid integrity to resist since you can call it when you want it. But the Rally Banner just feels like it would be a waste of 9 XP and is needed to get to the potentially useful fear one. Some sort of other boost there would be nice.
Simriel
Midshipman
Midshipman
Commissar Tomas Rexuz

Postby Artemis » Tue Nov 11, 2014 6:58 pm

Rally banner was actually exceedingly useful when Eberstark used it at event one. It meant when the big demon was spamming fears, maybe terrors even you just had to divert near him to keep going. Haven't seen a time when it'd have been useful since but then uses of fear have been toned down a lot since then anyway.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby horzabora » Tue Nov 11, 2014 7:20 pm

Basically, due to having new crew almost every event the one bit of brief we slack on is the bit on fear and rally.

I have some ideas how to fix this both in terms of minor system tweaks and just how we present it from the crew side, it is *very* much my intent to get back to where we were E1, which felt fun, fluid and dynamic to me. Admittedly, I was playing Eberstark, so I may have been biased.

But as it's an 'extra layer' onto our system, I need to take the time to focus on easing it in. I'll take a stab at trying to get some encounters/bad guys using it this event.
Rob Collins
Creative Director: Conflict Resolution
Lead Storyteller: Inquisition Chronicles
Storyteller: No Rest for the Wicked
"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."
horzabora
Storyteller
Storyteller
Creative Director

Postby Simriel » Tue Nov 11, 2014 11:37 pm

I'd love it if the Rally Banner did feel useful as it's the Leadership path that makes more sense for my commissar currently mainly due to the fears etc, I just wasn't sure HOW useful it would be, considering it costs 9XP.
Simriel
Midshipman
Midshipman
Commissar Tomas Rexuz

Postby Simriel » Sun Mar 08, 2015 10:26 pm

It was brought to my attention today that the 'friends everywhere' talent does not interact with the changes to the downtime system?
Simriel
Midshipman
Midshipman
Commissar Tomas Rexuz

Postby theresponsibleone » Tue Aug 18, 2015 9:58 pm

Just to tag in and agree - "Friends Everywhere" no longer relates to the current rules and needs updating!
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Previous

Return to Rules 2.0 Rewrites