Psyker

Discussions pertinent to the rules rewrite

Moderator: Artemis

Re: Psyker

Postby Artemis » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:24 pm

Re-establishing concentration - it says i can defend myself - does this include making offensive calls, either in melee or ranged, or using other precast powers such as tk attack

No offensive calls including other offensive powers.

Regarding posession - a level 3 posession would last how long and would have what level of rp effects? For me, it seems like taking the level 2 response is a no brainer because possession is a shortcut to being murded by certain pc's but you seem to imply it might be a viable alternative to not losing all your powers....

Possession means you continue to fight in the current fight, it has the very obvious personal downside you have identified but the group situation may end up being better for the psyker's continuing presence in the fight.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:32 pm

Might I again ask for an example of the time frame, rp effects, and visibility of posession?
D3-K4-RD, Executor Fetial and Lord Protector of Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix.

Also Lord Captain Mercutio Dexter (Deceased)
Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Also - the addition of the basic universal talent will alnost certainly mean a rebuild for me. I would be suprised if it didnt mean everyone wanted it.
Last edited by Ghost on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:19 am, edited 1 time in total.

Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby sienf » Mon Jun 22, 2015 10:41 pm

Also, for red beads, does you effective Fortitude actually get reduced? If so, for how long?
sienf
Midshipman
Midshipman
Lorelai Sachern, Houses Vicher and Corophasian

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:11 pm

Again, checking my understanding....

I have fortitude 4, giving me 8 body and 8 vitality

I have taken 6 red beads in my draw.

I lose 4 effective levels of fortitude due to strain and the lose two body and 2 vitality.

What level of injury am I currently on?

Am I a) on 6 body 6 vitality
b) 2 body 2 vitality
c) something else and i have totally got it wrong
Last edited by Ghost on Tue Jun 23, 2015 3:19 am, edited 2 times in total.

Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Ghost » Mon Jun 22, 2015 11:35 pm

sienf wrote:Also, for red beads, does you effective Fortitude actually get reduced? If so, for how long?

Related to this - if you take strain from your pre combat draw...or from any draw in an r&r period for example to heal someone in negatives....when does that strain fall off?

Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Artemis » Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:50 am

Ghost wrote:Might I again ask for an example of the time frame, rp effects, and visibility of posession?

It has the potential to differ depending on the nature of the warp entity. A trickster spirit for example might make the possessee more prone to talk around a subject rather than answering anything directly, and cause the victim to attempt to steal items if they think they can get away with it, they will know that they can set the spirit free by performing a ritual at midnight with five different items stolen from five different people. It will definitely show up with use of advanced psyniscience and will generally have several ways of resolving itself, so the trickster spirit in the example cannot abide being bound, so if the victim is tied up or manacled for more than five minutes the spirit will tear itself free and back into the warp.
Possession will always result in corruption cards in addition to the other effects, the exact number and nature may be affected by how long the possession is in effect for, how it is cured and how the possession was played.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby Ghost » Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:02 am

Ghost wrote:Again, checking my understanding....

I have fortitude 4, giving me 8 body and 8 vitality

I have taken 6 red beads in my draw.

I lose 4 effective levels of fortitude due to strain and the lose two body and 2 vitality.

What level of injury am I currently on?

Am I a) on 6 body 6 vitality
b) 2 body 2 vitality
c) something else and i have totally got it wrong

Artemis wrote:You lose health and vitality off your maximum values, so if you're unwounded then you are effectively losing health and vitality, if you've already taken damage though you're not losing further so much as the ability to have those hits healed.

Ok, that answers that one, thank you.

Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Artemis » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:38 pm

Ghost wrote:Also - the addition of the basic universal talent will alnost certainly mean a rebuild for me. I would be suprised if it didnt mean everyone wanted it.

Rebuilds will be looked at on a case by case basis, I'm sure everyone will want it. Where reasonable though it'd be preferable for it to be bought with xp unless lots of other stuff already on the sheet is affected by the changes.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby Artemis » Tue Jun 23, 2015 6:44 pm

sienf wrote:Also, for red beads, does you effective Fortitude actually get reduced? If so, for how long?

I think the example of the other thread answers the first half of that; for timescales, fortitude is reduced until after an R&R period has elapsed, drawing after combat may result in additional requirements at ST discretion.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

PreviousNext

Return to Rules 2.0 Rewrites