What is under/oversubscribed?

Looking for more crew, a group, a dynasty, a Warrant to hide behind? How about friends, rivals, lovers and family? Ask here.

Re: What is under/oversubscribed?

Postby hofoengenar » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:39 pm

I know it's more work Rob, but it'd be interesting to see a count of secondary archetypes in use too. I'd expect Combat Training to feature pretty heavily on that one.

That's also really unfortunate news about NovaCorp. Having a faction there who were a bit apart from the Rogue Trader sphere made things more interesting.
Slice
Captain in the Pitbulls.
Definitely not a doctor.
hofoengenar
Marshall
Marshall
Slice

Postby SteveC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:45 pm

As has been mentioned already the Hastreme Dynasty is down to 4 active at game characters and 1 active in downtime character so new comers welcome, although I'm trying to stick to a focus for the group especially with the new downtime system.

Other than that just like Hazel I'm always happy to discuss character links for anyone new coming in so that they have reasons to speak to people IC when they come in even if not joining the group fully.

As for Archetypes - Clerics and Leaders are low atm an both have good talent sets for being really useful in a number of roles in uptime and downtime.

((He said wishing he was a Leader these days))
Lord Captain Avonis Gul Holtz-Hastreme
Quis est iste qui venit

Steve Clapton
SteveC
Admiral
Admiral
Lord Captain Hastreme

Postby PaulK » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:06 pm

I am so good at gestimating the class numbers and group sizes!

As Hazel already offered, I am also happy to have ties with new characters, I'm sure the other characters in the dynasty would welcome that too.
Give me any savant you care, and I shall match his worth tenfold with even the most basic of Machine Spirits.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Hars_Borras
PaulK
Captain
Captain
Fabricator Borras

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:44 pm

The Mercutio Dynasty numbers I think eight at the moment.

Myself
Krycheck
Raina
Katenka
Lorelai
Reaper
Executor Niklaus
Magos (Name i can't spell)

Whilst Tollman is 'attached' to the dynasty his first loyalty will always be to the inquisition.

We are expecting a potential new player (the two new ad-mech have a navigator joining them) but at this point I'm probably going to cease *active* recruitment now that I have a Seneschal and a Mechanicus.

I'm always willing to take on new people, but I think 10 is a nice number and stops the group being unweildy. I'd really like a Leader specced person.

I have a concept for a Preacher/Missionary on the back burner, and it might get bumped up the queue if we are still short of an active religious leader for the Imperial cult when Mercutio inevitably snuffs it.
D3-K4-RD, Executor Fetial and Lord Protector of Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix.

Also Lord Captain Mercutio Dexter (Deceased)
Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Hazel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 7:52 pm

Krycheck is presumably leaving the Mercutio dynasty if he's got his own now...?
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby Ghost » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:02 pm

Exactly how we proceed is an IC matter still to be decided. More than that is not really for this thread.
D3-K4-RD, Executor Fetial and Lord Protector of Lady Captain Miranda Phoenix.

Also Lord Captain Mercutio Dexter (Deceased)
Ghost
Lord-Captain
Lord-Captain
Pyro

Postby Hazel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:05 pm

No worries, I'm just nosey :)
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Postby leafy » Mon Sep 29, 2014 8:11 pm

I'm going to be chatting to Rob on the ooc of the warrant, what us valid and is beneficial to game. After that orev and I will update people on any changes.

Thought I'd pitch in, as it's not do much being mysterious as pending.

Jez
leafy
Crewman
Crewman
Krychek

Postby moonlapsevertigo » Tue Sep 30, 2014 12:33 am

I think a cap should be introduced for certain groups - I felt for Craig as a Rogue Trader with practically no uptime support (and bloody hell he was doing well until his untimely demise!) so while new characters will want to naturally play in groups with people they know and can't be forced to join other groups, I don't think it's going to work if any new group feel they need to come straight into the game with half a dozen players to compete while existing groups continue to grow. Looks like Richard and Amy's group could be a cool new up and coming one - esp since I think Griff and Matt are talking about joining them. Cap the upper group level, and then people can bring in different archetypes as characters die and swap over to other groups. We are already seeing a bit of fluidity amongst characters finding their natural home different to their starting place, which I think is cool.

I think in terms of active primary archetype leaders we have Castellan, Darius and Tryskellan? (well, I say active as any of the Pitbulls are considered in uptime). Ad Mec and Inquisition (if you count all the secret agents) are pretty swole (Ad mec would be interesting to see how many are as a secondary archetype, I know it is Dice's and at least one other prominent Ad Mec). Pitbulls are sitting about 7 characters (although due to mostly crewing they are primarily DT).

On a selfish note though, of course, smaller groups need not fear as the Pitbulls can be contracted on short, medium and longterm retainers as individuals or as a group to boost numbers ;)
moonlapsevertigo
Crewman
Crewman
Dice

Postby horzabora » Tue Sep 30, 2014 9:46 am

We monitor the balance of the game constantly. I assure you I have spoken with all the major Dynasty leaders and occasionally said 'can you point them at another group, please'.

But in the end, if someone wants to join our game to play with their mates, I'd rather have them than not, you know? :)

Evidence shows that it balances out - a group grows until it's unwieldy (10+) then fractures into different groups, so far on good terms.
Rob Collins
Creative Director: Conflict Resolution
Lead Storyteller: Inquisition Chronicles
Storyteller: No Rest for the Wicked
"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."
horzabora
Storyteller
Storyteller
Creative Director

Previous

Return to Looking for...