What is under/oversubscribed?

Looking for more crew, a group, a dynasty, a Warrant to hide behind? How about friends, rivals, lovers and family? Ask here.

What is under/oversubscribed?

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm vaguely interested to know what parts of the game are currently undersubscribed, which crews have lots of people and which crews have very few as there were quite a few people who were new to the game and talking about building their own characters and joining existing groups or forming new groups.

I remember when the Tryskellan crew was getting quite big (before some deaths and there was talk of capping the amount in one group before they have to separate out to retain some balance to the game. I don't know how many are actually in some groups because of some people stradling groups like being in a Rogue Trader dynasty and part of the mechanicus or inqusition as well.

Similarly it might be of value to know which archetypes don't have lots of active players so that new characters don't feel frozen out of getting stuff to do by doing the same thing as an existing character?
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Re: What is under/oversubscribed?

Postby Milofo » Mon Sep 29, 2014 1:34 pm

Well due to the death of Craven Novacorp will be most likely splitting up into parts. Ghost/Daxter is intending to leave and join the Tryskellan Crewe. Esperon is leaving Novacorp as well but on his own at the moment. We have not had a chance to fully discuss how this will all pan out.
Milofo
Midshipman
Midshipman
Brother Elrend Hodhr

Postby stew » Mon Sep 29, 2014 2:01 pm

We will hope that the good Esperon will be joining the Purpura Bacchantis for a jolly time of adventuring amongst the stars!

I think (might be a bit biased trying to set one up myself) that it would be good for the game if some of the fringe groups can rise up. Nova Corp had a good shot at it.....The Mercutio dynasty seems to be a good success story of this as it seems to be the third Rogue Trader, overtaking the Colbrands (from an outsiders view of course).

But i think if the smaller groups could be of some use or challenege to the bigger groups it would make it more interesting.
stew
Captain
Captain
Hildred Billhoff

Postby Artemis » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:20 pm

Exactly my thoughts Stew. I'd rather the smaller groups were attracting new characters than the larger ones absorbing everyone. Hence wanting to try to understand who the large groups are and who the small groups are as it's not always clear in play because lots of crew have characters that are active in downtime.

I understand there'll always be people who want to join a group to play with their mates but for those who are coming along who either know lots of people or know hardly any people it would be useful to see how the independents and smaller groups slot together as they're otherwise not very well known or advertised.

In terms of undersubscribed archetypes, and I might be punching myself in the foot in suggesting this but there aren't that many arch militants from my look at things. Lots of the fighters actually seem to be scouts, psykers, navigators or leaders who have a bit of arch militant as a secondary archetype. I can say from experience that playing a full on fighter is incredible fun so if you have any talent for rubber sword fighting it's well worth considering.
Artemis
Rules Ref
Rules Ref
Shane-O

Postby NeillC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:56 pm

I'd agree about Arch Militant - I can think of seven or maybe 8, but we tend to only get 2-3 most events. Except Vox Populi, where there were six of us, I think.

Cleric is really poorly subscribed.

IMO, Ad Mech is over subscribed.
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Postby vadersjester » Mon Sep 29, 2014 3:57 pm

Certainly the Hastreme group has lost a lot of players, either through them joining other groups, crewing or character changes so if any group needs help out of the existing ones, I would suggest them especially as one of the four members is also a part of the Inquisition and thus has real trouble fully committing to the crew due to other duties.
Hell is just a word. The reality is much, MUCH worse.
vadersjester
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Inquisitor Justus Aurelius Corvinus

Postby PaulK » Mon Sep 29, 2014 4:37 pm

Cleric is certainly undersubscribed, leader might be the second least played.

Admech are oversubscribed for now. Scouts arch militants and seneschals seem pretty good for numbers. Full on primary archetype psykers seem a bit thin.

As for crews... both the tryskellan and mercutio dynasties look huge. And it feels like the alluvian dynasty is now probably part of the mercutio one. Colbrand/Castellan has good numbers but that event seemed a bit flat for that dynasty to an outside observer.

The Hastreme Dynasty needs membership. We need a healer, a combat monkey, and probably a sage or psyker. But the dynasty could do with any support it can get.

As for subfactions Ad Mech is feeling pretty strong. Inquisition looks strong despite lower numbers. Ecclesiarchy and navigator houses probably could use more participants. Entitled characters (lords and Ladies) appear very common.
Give me any savant you care, and I shall match his worth tenfold with even the most basic of Machine Spirits.

http://wiki.norestforthewicked.org.uk/Hars_Borras
PaulK
Captain
Captain
Fabricator Borras

Postby NeillC » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:01 pm

Paul,

We were down a couple of people this event, for assorted reasons, but there's still ten Colbrands lurking around.

But we weren't at our most organised this time, I think.
Lord Captain Calder Traherne
NeillC
Captain
Captain
Cal Traherne

Postby horzabora » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:30 pm

Give us a bit of time, and we'll pull hard numbers on the Archetypes?

I can say that the Dynasties except Hastreme are actually roughly equal in size.

I'm going to very shortly cap new Inquisition and AdMech characters for a bit, I think, unless there's a lot of screaming. But I need to actually sit down and do the numbers in the database before I just say that.

There are two leaders in play I know of, one cleric now. Psykers we have three primary.
Rob Collins
Creative Director: Conflict Resolution
Lead Storyteller: Inquisition Chronicles
Storyteller: No Rest for the Wicked
"A good soldier obeys without question. A good officer commands without doubt."
horzabora
Storyteller
Storyteller
Creative Director

Postby Hazel » Mon Sep 29, 2014 6:36 pm

The Tryskellan crew is pretty big - it's rare we get everyone (or even most of us) along to an event, but we have plenty folk and 2-3 new people interested in coming along in November. So while it would be lovely to try and tempt all these new folk to join us, it's probably best not to :)

But if you are statting new characters feel free to drop me a line and we can talk about background ties, that sort of thing, as an excuse to hit the ground running knowing a few people IC.

As for what's under subscribed - I guess leadership? I can recommend it as really good fun, and immensely useful in a fight. Also clerics.
Lord-Captain Freya Tryskellan
Dedicated Follower of Fashio- ahem, of the Emperor
Hazel
Captain
Captain

Next

Return to Looking for...