Events in a dull backwater

Looking for more crew, a group, a dynasty, a Warrant to hide behind? How about friends, rivals, lovers and family? Ask here.

Events in a dull backwater

Postby theresponsibleone » Thu Nov 06, 2014 2:05 pm

So, I'm looking to start a PC who is a Planetary Governor of a dull backwater mining-Agri world (long chain protein strings mined from ancient deposits for chemically reconstituted Guard ration packs).

The intent is that my PC is newly appointed after a decades old complaint about corruption and falsifying tithe submissions was reviewed by the Administratum, found to be true, and the Governor and a significant portion of the corrupt planetary nobility purged.

So, mostly, I'm wondering if anyone might have been involved in this purge or investigation. It's an odd one as it's background for me but would have been in play for others, but I'm not looking for it to have been an endeavour or anything. I'll be downtiming in this period, so it would be recent past.
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Re: Events in a dull backwater

Postby Gray » Sun Nov 09, 2014 12:40 am

Possibly, given they were heretics and I like killing Nobles best of all, It depends on when roughly though.

Last five years is doable anything before that and I wouldn't have been in this sector.
Moritat.
Reaper of the Heretic, Xenos and the apostate
Gray
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
Reaper

Postby Designer Bloodstain » Mon Nov 10, 2014 1:17 am

Well...I do love a good purge...

If this was a recent thing then Tollman could well be involved.
War across the stars...for every child...
Designer Bloodstain
Captain
Captain
Ambrose Cordell Tollman

Postby theresponsibleone » Tue Dec 02, 2014 12:39 pm

The idea being it was at the start of the last downtime session - primarily an Administratum led thing, but they probably never say no to a few extra hands. ;)

Happy for the two of you to have been involved if it fits in your schedules - not an actual endeavour or thing, just "background occurring in play" as it were.
theresponsibleone
Lieutenant
Lieutenant

Postby Jodikat » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:16 pm

Mal has been hiring herself out for all kinds of things, and 'Navigate people to a place and confirm whether they look corrupted' is entirely within her remit.

So I'll double check with Mark but it seems entirely plausible for her to have contracted herself to the Administratum or Inquisition to get people there, or she could have been ferrying people around for cash, noticed the corruption and been all 'Hey guys, about these charges...'
Major D. Summers, Captain of the Mortimer Dynasty Guard
Callsign: SPIDER
Jodikat
Lieutenant
Lieutenant
SPIDER

Postby stew » Tue Dec 02, 2014 3:34 pm

with a 'do such as yours and from noble stock, you'll always be welcome in the Purpura Bacchantis once you get in play!

Come on in, the water's lovely. :)
stew
Captain
Captain
Hildred Billhoff

Postby spydacarnage » Tue Dec 02, 2014 4:16 pm

Red goes where Mal goes, so I'm fine with being contracted for this.
spydacarnage
Crewman
Crewman
Red

Return to Looking for...